Thursday, October 27, 2011

I see Red!

The craze of the town - Red Velvet Cake. Not many Singapore's bakeries selling this yet. One that I tried was at Pique-nique, Takashimaya. Theirs was a lighter texture and vibrant red in color. I love the cream cheese topping.

Did this recipe, adapted from a UK and American recipe book.

I felt that it needs to be perfected, though my colleagues who had tried the Pique-nique version last week, courtesy from me, said that its very much close.

Went against my principle of adding too much coloring, it was 4 teaspoons of red paste!
Oh heck!
I overdid the cream cheese topping by adding lemon juice. On my second try, I would make the texture finer and spongier.
For those who would like to try baking RVC, I would say its easy and the recipes available on the internet are just as close. Go bake some RVC and see red!

No comments:

Post a Comment